Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Startup Rant Series

Photo courtesy ayoalfonso's blog
So I know I've not been writing here as often as I should. You know how daily activities actually make you slow down on some things you planned to do initially. I hope to come back here more often so keep checking.
Anyway, I think I'll be starting a series called My startup rants. It's going to chronicle my journey of  building a successful startup in Nigeria.

I've been following the local tech ecosystem and the hubs are springing up in the Yaba area of Lagos which is drawing some foreign attention. Great things are really about to happen.

Talking about great things, I think I've been spending so much time studying and consulting with some really experienced guys. I've met a lot of great people who are active in the Nigerian tech space in this process from Bankole Oluwafemi (Lord Banks) of Tech Cabal, Mark Essien of hotels.ng and Gbolarunmi Mattani, founder of the highly publicized Jekalo.
Sorry, I'm not big of photos... would have put some here.

Anyway, I've decided to do some consulting after what seems like some not so nice issues with my business partner (See my article on marriages and business partnerships here) which could see me pulling out of the a brand we jointly own, something I put a lot of effort to build.
Why I'm writing all of this is in the process of planning and discussing, I found out some of my ideas are already being implemented by a bigger corporation, the reason for the Tweet below:
 So I've decided to start and let's see where the journey goes. I'll try to update this blog as often as possible.
Wish me the best friend and I'd like to hear your thoughts in the comment section.
With love from Delurge...

No comments:

Post a Comment