Tuesday 5 July 2016

The Struggles Of An Upcoming Entrepreneur

A line from M.I Abaga's song "Everything I have seen" off his Illegal music 3 mixtape says: "Geniuses are lonely cos nobody understands us". Am I a genius? Definitely not! Am I lonely? No. I just wish people had more integrity.

In my journey towards entrepreneurship, I have been disappointed countless times. From friends to app developers to institutions, banks, the government and people who promised to invest in your business and later pull out when it's time to put the money.

Did I feel like giving up? Countless times! But I'm stubborn. I'm persistent and a risk taker and so I press forward.


People wonder why I don't partake in their silly stuff. Why I don't laugh when they crack jokes or join in their senseless banter. Well, that's not what moves me.

At a time when you have to manage yourself coupled with a job and other important things, you've got to save your energy for useful encounters. Others have gone as far as calling me a pretender. Well, I just laugh.

Do I say I'm selective in my associations? Maybe. I don't want to invest in something that will turn out to be a waste of my time.
That's why I hold my friends in high esteem. If you're privileged enough to be my friend, know you have something above what the ordinary man has. I don't mean material wealth. Maybe you're intellectual with a deep soul. Or you've got a deep sense of humour... Of course being financially buoyant is a plus :). I like made people :). Guys like Adebola Lagos, Mark Essien, Adekunle Ayeni and Jason Njoku. Even Latunde and Banky of Starfish Mobile.

What am I saying? Be selective with your associations, broaden your mind and go for your goals. People will always talk and hate and try to stop you but the better you are at not giving a shit, the better for you.

My tip of the day: Maybe you should try journalling. (I mean blogging). It's good for you. Let me know if you'd love to setup a blog. I can help you.
I'm on Twitter @Delurge.
See you next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment